- 6 slices Hoffy bacon, classic or thick cut
- 3 pound(s) tomatoes, (about 15) cored and cut in half
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3-4 cup(s) chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- 4 ounce(s) sliced cheddar cheese
- About 2 tablespoon(s) soft butter, for spreading
- Parsley, for garnish
Dinner Two all-time favorites combine for a quick and delicious meal that will please every member of the family!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay bacon, tomatoes, and onion slices on baking sheet pan and place in the preheated oven. Roast for about 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Lay bacon on a paper towel to drain and continue to roast tomatoes and onions another 40 minutes or until golden.
- Place onions and tomatoes in the bowl of food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a medium-size pot, add chicken stock, and season with salt and pepper. Heat over medium heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile for croutons, lay 4 slices of the ciabatta bread on a cutting board. Lay sliced cheese over top and top with another slice of bread. Spread butter on both outer bread slices. Lay sandwiches in a medium pan and cover with a smaller weighed lid or plate to press the sandwiches down and cook 5 minutes or until bread is toasted, turn over and repeat until cheese is melted and bottom bread is also toasted. Cut into cubes.
- Spoon tomato soup in bowls, garnish with crumbled bacon, grilled cheese croutons and parsley. Enjoy!