- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground annatto
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground cumin
- 6 Chicken breasts
- Cilantro, chopped
For Cheesy Bacon Spoonbread
- 10 slices HOFFY bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 14.75 ounce(s) (1 can) creamed corn
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounce(s) (1 can) green chilies
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese, grated
Dinner Enjoy a fiesta any night with this perfect combination of spice and comfort food.
- In bowl of food processor or blender place garlic clove, lime juice, oil, oregano, salt, pepper, paprika, annatto and cumin. Blend until smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in gallon bag and pour marinade over top, seal and allow to sit in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight.
For Cheesy Spoonbread
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small skillet, sautée HOFFY bacon, stirring occasionally.
- When bacon is close to done, add onion and cook until bacon is crisp.
- Remove from heat and pour bacon/onion mixture into a sieve to drain fat.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine cornmeal, flour, and baking powder and stir to combine.
- In another bowl combine milk, oil, creamed corn, eggs, chiles, cheddar cheese, and bacon/onion mixture.
- Stir together and pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and combine.
- Butter or spray a nine-inch pan and spoon in batter.
- Cook in preheated oven about 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on hot grill.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until fully cooked.
- Serve with Cheesy Bacon Spoonbread, lots of fresh cilantro and limes.