- 1 package (12-ounce) HOFFY Premium Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 container (8-ounce) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) unbleached all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 pound(s) green beans
- 1-1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
Side Dish Make way for a new family favorite, and with the extra flavor kick of HOFFY bacon, you won’t want it just for the holidays.
Recipe created especially for HOFFY by Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the green beans until crisp-tender, then drain and shock in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Dry the green beans on paper towels and reserve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the Hoffy bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same skillet, add the shallot and sliced mushrooms to the bacon fat and sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally and scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of pan, until tender and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the vegetable mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in the milk and continue stirring until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Season with Dijon, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Stir in the steamed green beans and half of the cooked bacon.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine the Panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole and finish by topping with the remaining bacon.
- Bake until mixture is bubbly and heated through, about 15 minutes.