- 6 slices of HOFFY bacon, diced
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 5-10 basil leaves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Dinner Fresh, savory and smoky-sweet this simple salad is a great compliment to grilled dishes.
- In a small sauté pan cook bacon until crisp.
- With a slotted spoon remove to paper towel to drain, and reserve.
- Shear off the corn kernels with a serrated knife over a bowl. Toss in the tomatoes, scallions,vinegar, and oil.
- Just before serving tear basil leaves and add to mixture. Warm bacon and toss in.