- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound(s) cooked HOFFY Bacon, divided
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pure maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
Dessert Capture the sweet and savory trend with these decadent cupcakes that look as good as they taste.
For Maple Bacon Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line muffin tins with 24 paper or foil liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter.
- Add maple syrup and continue to beat.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Crumble half of the bacon and gently fold into the batter.
- Divide among lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, maple extract and salt. Continue beating.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag and pipe frosting onto each cooled cupcakes.
- Chop or break the remaining bacon into 24 bite size pieces and garnish each cupcake with a piece of bacon.