- 1 pkg (15 oz.) instant cornbread mix
- 6 slices HOFFY bacon, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup(s) chestnuts or mushrooms, diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sage
- 1 teaspoon(s) Thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock, add more if needed
Appetizer Plan for seconds with this delicious take on traditional stuffing. Hoffy bacon takes the flavor to the top!
- Prepare cornbread as per package directions and cut into cubes. Meanwhile cook bacon in a cast iron pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, celery and chestnuts or mushrooms, sage and thyme. Sauté 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until browned.
- Stir in cornbread, parsley and chicken stock.
- Bake covered in 350° F oven 20 to 30 minutes, remove cover for last ten minutes.