- 2 large sweet yellow onions
- 1 12-ounce package HOFFY premium bacon
- 2 tablespoon(s) pure maple syrup
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) hot sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Appetizer These indulgent, bacony, sweet and savory onion rings are out-of-this-world delicious!
To make the onion rings:
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF.
- Slice the onions, with the skin on, into 1/2-inch slices. Carefully peel the skin and outer layer off each onion slice.
- Pop out 2 layers of onion rings at a time, discarding the center of the onion.
- Wrap a strip of bacon, overlapping, around each double onion ring and repeat with more bacon strips, until the onion ring is completely enrobed.
- Secure the end of the last strip of bacon with a toothpick. Repeat using the remaining onion rings and the bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped onion rings on a silicone baking mat-lined baking sheet or an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the bacon-wrapped onions rings with maple syrup on both sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the onion rings over and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until dark golden brown.
To make the sauce:
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce and lime juice.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped onion rings with the dipping sauce.