- 7 slices HOFFY bacon, chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (8 oz pkg) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) milk or light cream
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onion, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) toasted chopped walnuts
- Cracker, sliced bread, and veggies, for dipping
Appetizer From a New Year’s Eve party to Super Bowl tailgating and beyond, this dip adds just the right savory sizzle.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a skillet over medium heat cook bacon until crisp, about 7 to 8 minutes. For last minute add garlic to pan and brown lightly.
- With a slotted spoon,remove bacon garlic mixture to paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth, whisk in milk or cream, and stir in cheese, green onion, and bacon garlic mixture.
- Spoon cheese mixture into 4 to 6 small ramekins and bake in preheated oven until bubbly and lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve with crackers, bread, and assorted veggies.