- 1 pound(s) green asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoon(s) good-quality olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 bag mixed baby greens
- 4 large eggs, soft-boiled and quartered
- 4 slices cooked HOFFY Bacon, crumbled
Dinner Enjoy this fresh spring salad with crusty sourdough bread for a light meal or as a delicious complement to fish or pasta.
- Preheat oven to 450° F / 230º C.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss gently to coat. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Place remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, shallots, lemon juice and tarragon in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add mixed baby greens; toss gently to coat. Divide salad greens among 4 serving plates. Top each serving with asparagus, eggs and crumbled bacon.