- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery, finely diced
- 1 cup(s) onion, finely diced
- 6 Hoffy Bun Length Beef Franks, sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup(s) medium grind whole grain cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounce(s) cream style corn
- 15 ounce(s) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 fluid ounce(s) green chiles, diced
- 2 cup(s) Monterey jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
Breakfast Comfort food, yes! Delicious corn bread layered with flavor from green chiles, 2 types of cheese and delicious Hoffy beef franks.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 10 inch by 6 inch deep case iron or 9 inch by 13 inch rectangular baking pan.
- In a medium size skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add celery and onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced Hoffy Beef Franks to skillet and cook until franks are slightly browned. Set aside 1/2 cup franks and vegetable mixture.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cornmeal, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, and eggs. Stir in cream style corn, regular corn and chiles. Pour liquid mixture into dry and stir. Then fold in beef franks mixture from skillet. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese and stir until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Top with beef franks mixture that was set aside and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown, about 40 to 60 minutes depending upon how deep the pan is. The center should be just firm.
- After baking, allow to sit for a few minutes, then slice or spoon onto plates.