- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 2 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pepper, freshly ground
- 4 Hoffy Bun Length Beef Franks
- 4 Pita break
- cheddar cheese, shredded
Dinner A pocket full of great flavors for everyone in the family! The chili recipe is simple to make and freezes well, so make lots! The great taste and quality of Hoffy Franks mean these Chili Cheese Dogs in a pita will become your new favorite way to enjoy a classic.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat, stirring often, until cooked through and brown.
- Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire, tomato paste, sugar, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, mustard, and cayenne. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes to meld the flavors.
- Cut a slit lengthwise down the middle of each Hoffy Beef Frank and cook them cut side down in another skillet until golden brown and heated through. Cut in half across the middle.
- Warm the pita and spoon chili into the pocket, stuff hot dog pieces into the chili. Top with shredded cheese.