- 4 Russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small sweet yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 4 HOFFY Premium Beef Franks, or HOFFY Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 shredded sharp, cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- hot sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
Side Dish There’s nothing better than an overstuffed baked potato, filled with all of our favorite things!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stab potatoes a few times all over with a fork. Place on bottom oven rack and bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced onions and sauté, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until just tender. Add an additional tablespoon of olive oil to the pan along with sliced red and yellow bell peppers. Season mixture with salt and pepper and continue to sauté for 10 minutes more, stirring often, or until the onions are caramelized and the peppers are tender.
- In a separate sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the Hoffy Franks. Brown all over, turning often, until golden and heated through. Remove from pan and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Add the hot dog pieces to the onion and pepper mixture and stir to combine. Keep warm.
- Remove potatoes from oven (leaving the oven on) and when potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a slit in each potato and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving the skins intact. Place the potato flesh in a mixing bowl and add the butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions and a dash of hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon potato mixture back into potato shells and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the filling is heated through. Top with hot dog mixture (reheat if necessary). Enjoy!