- 3 pound(s) new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 HOFFY Premium Beef Franks, diced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Dinner We’re always looking for new side dishes that travel well to picnics, potlucks and barbeques and this one really fits the bill!
- In a medium pot cover potatoes with water. Bring to boil and cook about 30 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Peel potatoes and mash. Stir in half the butter and the milk.
- While potatoes are cooking. Melt remaining butter in a medium saute pan, over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Then add diced HOFFY Beef Franks and heat through.
- Stir cabbage, HOFFY franks, and scallions into mashed potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.