- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Worcestshire sauce
- 2 16-ounce cans maple baked beans
- 6 HOFFY Big Dog XXL Premium Beef Franks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
Side Dish Layers of flavor makes this the best Franks and Beans ever. And it’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, camping and everyday dinners!
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onion and sauté, stirring often, until the onion begins to caramelize and is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the beans, season with freshly ground pepper and stir to blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the HOFFY hot dog pieces and sauté until golden on the underside, about 3 minutes, then turn the hot dog pieces over and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add the browned hot dog pieces to the simmering baked beans, stir well and cook 15 minutes more.