- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Worcestshire sauce
- 2 16-ounce cans maple baked beans
- 6 HOFFY Big Dog XXL Premium Beef Franks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
Side Dish Layers of flavor makes this the best Franks and Beans ever. And it’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, camping and everyday dinners!
Recipe created especially for HOFFY by Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onion and sauté, stirring often, until the onion begins to caramelize and is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the beans, season with freshly ground pepper and stir to blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the HOFFY hot dog pieces and sauté until golden on the underside, about 3 minutes, then turn the hot dog pieces over and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add the browned hot dog pieces to the simmering baked beans, stir well and cook 15 minutes more.