- 1 14-ounce loaf unsliced brioche bread, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 links Hoffy Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 ounce(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- freshly ground pepper
Side Dish Buttery brioche blends with our spicy Italian Sausage and sweet dried cranberries for a holiday (or any day) stuffing that is out of this world!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place the brioche cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the Italian Sausage and cook until golden brown all over, about 10 minutes, turning often. Cut each Italian Sausage in half lengthwise, then cut into thin half-moons.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the same sauté pan and add the onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for 3 minutes more.
- Combine the bread cubes, Italian Sausage, onion mixture and dried cranberries in a large mixing bowl. Add the beaten eggs and chicken stock and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Butter a 9-inch casserole and spoon the stuffing mixture into the pan. Drizzle the top of the stuffing with the 3 tablespoons of melted butter and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake the stuffing for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 20 minutes more.