- 4 HOFFY Hot Smoked Sausages
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 cup(s) homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 soft hoagie or grinder rolls
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Dinner Nothing says ‘let’s party’ like grilled hoagies…Use Hoffy Hot or Mild Sausages for a true flavor explosion!
Recipe created especially for HOFFY by Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Place a cast iron pan on one side of the grill to preheat as well, and be careful, as it will get hot! Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the cast iron pan.
- In a mixing bowl, drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the red and yellow bell pepper rings, tossing to coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the onion slices with olive oil as well, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the peppers and onions on the grill until they gain grill marks, turning the onions and peppers often.
- Once marked, transfer the onion slices to the cast iron pan and separate the slices into rings. Add the grilled bell peppers as well.
- Add the marinara sauce, balsamic and Worcestershire and stir to combine.
- Cook the sauce for 10 minutes, stirring often, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill the Hoffy Smoked Sausages, turning them often, until golden all over, about 5 minutes total.
- Transfer the sausages to the cast iron pan and nestle them in the sauce. Close the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- Toast the rolls by placing them cut side down on the grill, for about 1 minute. Divide the peppers and onions between the rolls and top with the sausages.