- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 links HOFFY Hot or Sweet Italian Sausages, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Israeli couscous (8 oz)
- 2 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 bunch spinach, washed, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1 cup(s) feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted pepitas
- 1 cup(s) Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh dill, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Dinner We think you’ll be bowled over by this delicious, hearty meal in a bowl. Filled with a variety of tastes, textures and colors, and then topped with our finest quality Hoffy Italian Sausage, this recipe will make you say “fantastico!”
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet, add sausages and brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium size saucepan over medium high heat, add remaining oil, add couscous, and cooking stirring often for about 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add water and bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook until just tender, about 12 Minutes.
- While couscous is cooking make tzatziki sauce by combining yogurt, milk, garlic and dill in a small bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once couscous is to desired consistency, add spinach to the saucepan toss quickly and season with a touch of salt.
- Divide couscous spinach mixture between 4 bowls and top with sausages, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, sunflower seed, and pepitas.
- Serve accompanied with the tzatziki sauce.