- 4 HOFFY Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 cup(s) Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 large eggs
- chives, freshly chopped
- pepper, freshly ground
Breakfast We love this recipe! A riff on a classic breakfast dish, our Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs do double duty, while the sunny side up egg makes it into a new style of happy meal!
- Slice each Hoffy Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog into 1/4 inch pieces. Separate the hot dog pieces from the bacon pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add hot dog pieces and sauté, stirring frequently until hot dogs are golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add bacon pieces and cook until rendered, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining olive oil along with the onions and potatoes, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the red and yellow bell pepper and cover pan. Allow the mixture to cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and return hot dogs to pan. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 3 minutes more or until the mixture is golden borwn and caramelized.
- Cook the eggs in a separate skillet until sunny side-up or to your liking.
- To serve, spoon the hash onto plates and top each with an egg. Garnish with chives.