- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 links HOFFY Gourmet Bratwurst
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 package (16 oz) puff pastry, defrosted according to package directions
- flour, for dusting
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) Poppy seeds
Dinner A savory, hearty take on an old breakfast favorite. Caramelized onions and honey mustard add just the right tang to these authentic gourmet-style Brats.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, add sausages and saute about 6 minutes, turning occasionally until browned. Remove onto plate and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet heat remaining oil, add onions and saute stirring often until caramelized, about 8 minutes. Place onions on paper towel to dry out and cool.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out slightly, slice vertically into quarters. Top each quarter with a slice of cheese, spread with ¼ tablespoon honey mustard, one-quarter of the onions and top with a Bratwurst and roll up dough.
- Repeat with second sheet of pastry for 8 brats in a blanket. Place seam down on a baking sheet. Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 - 20 minutes.