- Prep your frank. Remove from package. Wrap in a paper towel and place directly in the microwave or put the hot dog on a plate and cover it with a paper towel. Cooking more than one? Lay them side by side on a plate and cover them all with a paper towel. Just make sure to leave a little space in between so they cook evenly.
Hoffy Hints: Don’t poke holes in your frank! Piercing lets the delicious juices escape and your dog dries out.
- Cook on high. Start at 20 or 30 seconds for one frank. Add 10 to 15 seconds for each additional frank.
- Check in. When time is up, check to see if they’re warmed up all the way through. If not, microwave them another 10 seconds and test one again.
- Carefully remove your frank using tongs. Trapped steam can burn.
- Serve. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!