- 1-1/2 cup(s) fresh cactus, sliced into strips
- 6 ounce(s) salsa verde
- salt, to taste
- 6 ounce(s) Queso fresco or shredded Jack cheese
- 5 Hoffy Hollywood's Original Beef Franks
- wheat or corn tortillas or hot dog buns
- Avocado slices
- Chopped onions
Dinner Our homage to the west includes a host of special ingredients dressing a most special frank, the same hot dog served at famous hot dog stands for decades, yum-yum!
- Place cactus in a small saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes then drain and return to pan with salsa.
- Let cactus simmer in sauce about 3 minutes, taste and add salt if needed.
- Add Queso fresco or jack cheese at this point.
- Meanwhile cook Hoffy Franks in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat tortillas over an open flame or in a cast iron pan.
- To assemble dogs, lay tortilla on plate and top with a warm Hoffy Frank. Spoon cactus mixture over top and avocado slices and chopped onions.