For the Kimchi Ketchup:
- 1 can (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon(s) prepared kimchi
- 1 tablespoon(s) kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 freshly ground pepper
For the Slaw:
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 cup(s) Napa cabbage, shredded
For the Dogs
- 4 Hoffy Natural Casing Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- Furikake seasoning or thin strips of crispy seaweed
- Toasted sesame seeds
Dinner For all the kimchi lovers out there, this Korean inspired hot dog is for you!
Recipe created especially for HOFFY by Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Preheat your backyard BBQ to high or preheat a grill pan on top of the stove over high heat.
To make the Kimchi Ketchup
- Combine all of the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
For the Slaw
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add the cabbage and toss to combine.
Cook Hot Dogs and Assemble
- Grill the hot dogs until charred and hot throughout, then lightly grill the hot dog buns.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of Kimchi Ketchup into each toasted bun and top with a Hoffy Hot Dog.
- Spoon 1/4-cup of the Slaw on top of the hot dog and garnish with seaweed and sesame seeds.