For the Cassis Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 large red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Crème de Cassis
- 1/4 cup(s) Grenadine
- 1/4 cup(s) dry red wine
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 HOFFY Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 4 Brioche or Sweet Hawaiian Hot Dog buns
- 3/4 cup(s) Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 teaspoon(s) truffle oil
Dinner ~ A Bacon Wrapped Hoffy Hot Dog with Cassis Caramelized Onions, Crumbled Gorgonzola and Truffle Oil ~ Glam it up with a few gourmet ingredients and a bit of pizazz...This is no ordinary hot dog!
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until they are tender and beginning to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Season the onions liberally with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the Crème de Cassis, Grenadine and red wine and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions and brown and glazed, about 15 minutes more.
- Grill the Hoffy Bacon Wrapped Hot dogs over high heat or roast in the oven at 350ºF, turning often, until the bacon is crisp all over.
- Toast the buns until lightly golden.
- Place a Bacon Wrapped Hoffy Hot Dog in each bun and top with a 1/4 cup of the Cassis Caramelized Onions.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the crumbled Gorgonzola over the onions and drizzle each dog with 1/2 teaspoon of truffle oil.