- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 sweet yellow onions, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 5 links Hoffy Kielbasa Sausage, cut into thin rounds
- 16 ounce(s) frozen shoestring French fries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Appetizer Crispy French fries loaded with HOFFY Kielbasa, sweet onions and sautéed peppers. Add your favorite beverage and you are golden!
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until the onions are beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced kielbasa and the red and yellow bell pepper and continue to sauté over medium heat, stirring often, for 10 minutes more.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin and toss to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place the French fries in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the hot French fries.
- Scatter the kielbasa mixture over the fries, garnish with green onions and serve hot.