For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) BBQ sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 5 Hoffy Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 5 Hot Dog buns
For the pickles and jalapeños
- 1/2 cup(s) pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 cup(s) thick cut bread and butter pickles
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup(s) water
Dinner Enjoy this spicy crunchy tasty dog in honor of our Atlantic coast cousins.
- Preheat broiler.
- To make the sauce in a small bowl mix all the ingredients and set aside. Set Hoffy bacon wrapped dogs on a foil lined baking sheet and set under broiler to cook, rotating occasionally.
- Meanwhile get pickle chips ready. Set pickle chips and jalapeños on paper towel to dry.
- Heat 1-1/2 inch of oil in a small pot.
- Combine flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and water and stir until smooth.
- Add half pickle chips and jalapeños to batter and toss to coat.
- Remove from batter with a slotted spoon or fork, allowing excess batter to drip off.
- Add to the oil one at a time and fry until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels and continue with remaining pickles and jalapeños.
- Spread sauce on hot dog buns, top with bacon wrapped dogs and fried jalapeño and pickle chips.