Homemade Pickle Relish
- 3/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 3 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 4 large dill pickles, diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh dill, chopped
- 4 HOFFY Beef Franks
- 4 hot dog buns
- Assorted mustards
Dinner Making homemade pickle relish is super easy and so very delicious. Kick off summer with this throwback classic, perfect in all its simplicity.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, ground coriander and sugar in a saucepot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the diced pickles, red and yellow bell pepper, onion and dill. Pour the reduced liquid over the vegetables and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving or can the relish and store in the refrigerator for later use. (The pickle relish will optimally last up to 2 weeks in the fridge).
- Heat your backyard BBQ or a grill pan on top of the stove to medium-high heat. Grill the hot dogs until golden brown on all sides. Gently toast the hot dog buns and place a hot dog in each bun. Top the dogs with Homemade Pickle Relish and serve with an offering of mustards.