- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 Large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup(s) beer
- 2 cup(s) Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cornstarch, mixed with water
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 4 HOFFY Gourmet Bratwurst sausage links
- 8 Pretzel slider buns, cut in half
- 24 Sweet pickle chips
Appetizer These Brat Sliders made with Hoffy Gourmet Bratwurst and homemade Pub Cheese are perfect for watching your favorite game with friends or as a “comfort food” meal anytime!
- In a medium size skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook covered until onions are soft and translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Remove cover stir in sugar and cook stirring often until onions are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring beer to a boil, slowly whisk in cheese and cornstarch mixture, cooking until sauce has thickened and cheese is melted.
- Stir in mustard and set aside with plastic wrap directly on top of cheese mixture to avoid a skin forming.
- Slice Bratwurst down the middle lengthwise and in half crosswise to form 4 pieces.
- Add oil to medium size skillet and brown sausages.
To assemble sliders
- Layer bottom buns with onions, then bratwurst pieces.
- Top with pub cheese, 3 pickle chips and top bun.
- Use a toothpick to hold together.