- 8 strips Hoffy Premium Bacon
- 6 Hoffy Big Dog XXL Premium Beef Franks
- 1/2 cup(s) Hoisin Sauce
- 8 hot dog buns
- Fresh chives, for garnish
For the Pineapple Salsa:
- 1/2 small fresh, ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch spears
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeds & veins removed and minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey
Dinner Say 'Aloha' to the perfect summer dog filled with sweet, salty, spicy and umami flavor. Grilling the pineapple along with the Hoffy bacon and beef franks creates a delectable celebration anytime!
Recipe created especially for HOFFY by Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Pre-heat BBQ to medium-high heat. Once hot, lay the strips of bacon on the grates and grill, turning often, until crispy.
- Place the pineapple spears on the grates and grill until char marks appear on all sides.
- Remove the bacon from grill and let cool, then rough chop into bite-sized pieces.
- For the Pineapple Salsa, remove the pineapple from grill and let cool.
- Dice pineapple into small dice and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add the minced red onion, jalapeno, chopped cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and honey.
- Season with salt and toss to combine well.
- To serve, grill the HOFFY XXL Beef Franks until heated through and grill marks appear.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill.
- Placing a grilled HOFFY beef frank in each bun.
- Top with HOFFY crispy bacon and pineapple salsa.
- Drizzle with hoisin sauce, garnish with chives and serve.