20 minute chilli
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 dried chipotle chili, seeded
- 1 can (15.5 oz) pinto beans
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg (13.5 oz) HOFFY Beef Franks
- 6-8 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro, chopped
Dinner Make any day feel like a party with this colorful and flavorful Chili Dog.
For 20 minute chili
- heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and cook stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, chipotle chili, the beans with their liquid, and the water and cook covered 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the hot dogs
- Add hot dogs to bean mixture and continue to simmer beans and dogs uncovered for 6 or 7 minutes.
- Preheat broiler and toast buns.
- To assemble Chili Dog: using tongs, remove a hot dog from the chili mixture and place in a toasted bun, spoon on some beans, and top with cheddar cheese, green onions and cilantro.