For the Salad:
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Hoffy Natural Casing Premium Beef Frankfurthers, sliced 1-inch thick on the bias
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3 cup(s) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cup(s) cole slaw mix or finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 ripe red tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 ripe yellow tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic or sour pickle wedges, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) pickled banana peppers, sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup(s) yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) poppy seeds
Dinner The Chicago Dog goes Paleo in this fresh salad that has all the fixings, except the bun! Hoffy Natural Casing Beef Franks provide the snap and hearty flavor while the salad features all the favorite Chicago toppings and the dressing adds some extra zing.
Recipe created especially for HOFFY by Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the sliced hot dogs in a single layer and add the water. Place a lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow the water to boil away.
- Turn the hot dog slices often, until golden, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the romaine and shredded cabbage.
- Top with tomato wedges, sliced onion, sliced pickles and banana peppers.
- Finish with the sautéed hot dog slices.
To make the dressing:
- Whisk together the mustard, honey, vinegar and olive oil.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with poppy seeds. Serve and enjoy!