- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 8 pickled jalapeno peppers, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg (14 oz.) HOFFY Bacon-wrapped Hot Dogs
- 1 can (15.4 oz) refried beans
- 1 cup(s) tomatillo salsa
- 5 hot dog buns
Dinner Start with Hoffy Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs and the hardest part of this favorite street dog is done for you.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, pickled jalapeno and avocado in a bowl, squeeze lime juice over top and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill hot dogs about 8 to 10 minutes, carefully turning occasionally, until bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile to reheat refried beans, spoon beans into a small pot , whisk in 1/4 cup tomatillo salsa, stir occasionally over medium heat.
- Once hot dogs are cooked, toast buns on the grill or under the broiler.
To assemble Sonoran hot dog:
- Spoon some refried bean mixture in the bottom of each bun.
- Top with a Hoffy Bacon-wrapped dog and spoon on the avocado, tomato mixture and some more tomatillo salsa.